Educanada Study in Canada Scholarships
This new scholarship was created by the Canadian government to support diversity recruitment from a specific list of eligible countries (see the below). Below is the information from G+PS
For Faculty – If you have been in contact with students from one of the above eligible countries, and decided to supervise their master’s study, as well as supporting their scholarship applications, please do let our office know by Monday, February 10, 2020. We will work together with you and the student to complete the nomination packages.
For Students – Eligible applicants do not apply directly to this scholarship, prospective students must submit an online application with all required supporting documents to the UBC application portal, as well as notifying our office through firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 10, 2020. Students are responsible to upload all of their transcripts, as well as completing the final step of application submission. Applications received without all supporting documents will not be considered.
The Study in Canada Scholarships program aims to increase opportunities for post-secondary institutions across Canada to welcome international students from around the world.
The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open to students from all academic disciplines, for programs of up to two years in duration at the post-secondary level leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute or university in Canada.
To be considered for a scholarship, candidate students:
- can be in any academic discipline;
- must engage in full-time studies or research leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree;
- must be entering a program that can be completed in two academic years or less with full-time status;
- must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries:
- Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible. NOTE: Palestinian candidate students residing in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are eligible, and may be requested to provide supporting documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
- must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- must apply for admission to a full time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution (online or part time programs are not eligible);
- should indicate their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying;
- must not already be participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada;
- may already be enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada;
- must meet the entrance requirements for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting an application; and
- must possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
Additional important information:
- Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- Scholarship recipients may not hold any other scholarship granted by the Government of Canada;
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously received a scholarship funded by the Government of Canada.
Please see the EduCanada website for further details.
Interested applicants do not apply directly to this scholarship; they must apply for admission to the institution (The University of British Columbia) and then be selected to be nominated by the institution for this scholarship.
- Submit an application to a Canadian post-secondary institution for admission to the program of your choice;
- Indicate your interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program in your admission application;
- If selected to be nominated for the scholarship, you will be contacted with next steps.